Thursday, March 18, 2010

Settling In

We've had a few busy stays getting established and screening potential patients for surgery. Our Jamshedpur hosts, the kids, and their families are terrific! Unfortunately, we haven't screened as many patients as we had hoped for. We have currently evaluated 89 patients, with 72 patients scheduled for surgery. We planned for at least 125 cases, and hope more candidates will arrive during our surgical week. We will set-up our operating rooms, a.k.a. "theatres" today, and will begin our surgical week tomorrow.

India is a special place. The people, the culture, the geography, the food, the colors, and the aromas are quite captivating. Everyone has been welcoming and hospitable. It was a lot of fun screening our potential patients. The children and their families are very happy.

Happy boy and father
Cutie pie
Mother and son
These are some of my new friends. We couldn't do our work without the help of the local volunteers. As you can see, I fit right in. Hmmmm, why does everyone stare at me?

2 comments:

  1. what cuties!! Happy Certified Nurse Day!! I have popcorn at my desk for you. I will try not to eat it before you get back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sarah!

    The work you are doing is amazing! I love looking at the pics you have taken. It's nice to know that there are people like you that are so passionate about whay they do. Look at the kids you are helping...amazing. Kudos to you and everyone helping out there.

    I don't know what you are talking about? You fit right in!!

    Kimmers

    ReplyDelete