Thursday, March 11, 2010

Return to the Indian Subcontinent

It's time to prepare to depart for another mission with Operation Smile, destination Jamshedpur, India. This city is located in the mid-eastern part of the country, near Kolkata (map reference: red dot).

The team composition list again has an international flair, which includes volunteers from India (of course), China, Vietnam, Singapore, Italy, and the United States. As many of you are aware, the planning for this mission has been filled with challenges, from cargo delivery issues, customs protocols, equipment problems, and staffing issues. Last I heard, we are still down a nurse or two. I apologize for being so distracted. In the end, things always seem to work out. I was reviewing some of my photos from my last mission to India. Seeing the children and their families' faces reminds me what all of the hard work is about.

Surgical screening
Playground kids
Rajastani girls
Henna Hand...with a few rupees to boot!
Colorful saris for sale
Thanks to everyone for their patience and support. I hope to make some posts to the blog during my mission, Internet permitting...

No comments:

Post a Comment